Re: SYSTEM Problem

> > hi, i just created a new user 'test' in
> windows and in /etc/passwd, in
> >  windows 'test' is a member of 'Users'
> group. Now when i run /bin/bash
> > as SYSTEM User it 'su' to any user in there
> with valid shell, but it is
> > not doing 'su' to User 'test'.
> >
> > So, i tried 'Runas' running CMD as SYSTEM user
> of windows its still not
> >  login in to bash as User 'test'. It saying
> 'Permission Denied'.
> >
> > I just wanted to know that as SYSTEM has rights to
> 'su' to any user why
> >  its not 'su' to user that i just created.
>
> If the process running as SYSTEM is started as or from a
> Windows service,
> the the user token of the process has not the "create
> a token object"
> right starting with Windows Server 2003.  This disallows
> switching
> the user context if no password for the new user is given.

  Yes you are right, so do you have any sugestion/ideas how to do
  that on Windows XP SP2/NTFS/CYGWIN1.7. Does cyglsa in any way
  can help

  SYSTEM is only able to su to that users
  that are within its primary group thats Administrators/544
  so, what i did was i made test user member of SYSTEM/18 group
  thats how SYSTEM was able to su to test user. but thats not a
  good idea to make a regular user part of SYSTEM group.

  code to run as SYSTEM is, if you want to try it and can get any
  solution to this.

  cygrunsrv -I runassys -p C:/WINDOWS/system32/cmd.exe -a "/C start
  CMD.EXE /K C:\cygwin1.7\bin\bash.exe --login -i" -i --nohide