Re: Standard conformance for wide characters

On Feb  5 12:16, Fr?d?ric Bron wrote:
> I am forwarding this email from the boost mailing list.
> I basically says that the next version of the boost filesystem library
> (a well known library for C++ programming at www.boost.org) will not
> compile on cygwin because of the lack of wide character support.
> What can be done to make gcc/g++ standard conformant on this point so
> that C++ programmers can continue to use cygwin?

Cygwin is using the wide char functions provided by newlib.  Newlib
(http://sources.redhat.com/newlib/) is still lacking a couple of
wide char functions so far, namely:

  fwprintf
  fwscanf
  swprintf
  swscanf
  vfwprintf
  vswprintf
  vwprintf
  wprintf
  wscanf
  wcstod
  wcstof
  wcstold
  wcsftime
  wcstok

wcstok has been contributed but isn't checked in so far.  As for all
the other functions, contributions to newlib are always welcome on the
newlib mailing list.

Corinna

Red Hat