Re: SYSTEM as root user

Oh please,

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR

On Feb  4 17:41, Jaspreet Singh wrote:
>  I was just gussing that if i made SYSTEM
>  user as root user then the problem with the permissions will go

I assume you read the Cygwin user's guide about NT security.  So you
know you can tweak /etc/passwd and rename SYSTEM to root and see what
happens.

> away the only problem is that i cant ssh or anything else similar
> by root user as it will be SYSTEM user and it does not have any password

Public key authentication allows to logon as SYSTEM using ssh.

Btw., nothing keeps you from patching webmin to recognize the SYSTEM
user as root user as well.

Corinna

Red Hat