Re: GNU coreutils does not work on Cygwin because of freopen() ?

On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Sjors Gielen wrote:
> I'm trying to create a full Cygwin port for Debian. This means the base
> system packages, et cetera. Let's just keep it at I love apt and dpkg for
> package managers.

Keep in mind that apt and dpkg will never be able to work completely
on Windows, since they were written with some fundamental assumptions
of how the system will behave that don't hold on Windows.  dpkg
expects to be able to update itself, or the shell it's running in, by
just writing a new file with the same name to the same directory, and
this won't work on windows; you can't overwrite an executable that is
currently being executed.

~Matt