Re: First Pass at mintty documentation; etc.

Andy Koppe wrote:
Lee D. Rothstein wrote:

 > "\e[1;5A": history-search-backward
 > "\e[1;5B": history-search-forward

Perhaps I don't understand this 'bash' feature, but it doesn't seem to work for me.
Start typing a command, press Ctrl-Up, and it finds the previous line in the history that started like that.
Why not simply type Ctrl-R then the first few letters of a command (or some letters in the middle of a command). Works great! Requires no support from any terminal emulator...
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Old age is when you still have something on the ball but you are just too tired to bounce it.