Re: rm seems to fail

On 1/14/09, Larry Hall  wrote:
> greenup greenup wrote:
> > I notice someone else is having problems with their X lock files; that
> > was one of the things that got me started fiddling with rm.  Today is
> > busy for me, so I'm not sure that I'll get to strace/etc, but
> > hopefully tomorrow.  I checked another box in my house, that seems to
> > be working fine with mostly similar packages, I'm scared to upgrade
> > any of its parts  in case it breaks it.  It's not on the domain,
> > though, could that be related?
>  Certainly.  Try a local user and see if you see the same problems or
>  not.

Well, I tried a local user, and it experienced the same problem.
Unfortunately, the test was not all it could have been, since this
user did not exist before I started having problems.

I noticed in the password file while playing around this time, that my
box does have a local account with the same name as the domain
account, but removing its entry there did not change the result, I
could not remove the file.  (I made fresh files just in case they were
created with slightly bad ownership)

Thursday I'll have more time to look at this stuff, maybe then I can
try the strace stuff.
-greenup