Octave has stopped running for me - no error msg

Before:
I have cygwin (ver 1.5.25-15) with octave (ver 3.0.2-1), X and a few other packages.? My OS is XP with Service Pack 3. ?Everything works fine.

Possible cause:
I installed the GNUARM tools and a Windows app called "Total Commander". ?I can't think of what else I might have done between the last time octave worked for me and the first time it did not.

After:
When I run octave, either from a bash shell or an xterm window, it just thinks for a couple of seconds and then gives me another prompt - if octave ran, it quit right away. ?There is no error message or other indication of what went wrong.? Other /usr/bin executables run just fine.

I've tried:
I've rebooted my computer. ?I've "reinstall"ed octave from Setup.exe.? I've uninstalled octave, then installed it again. ?I've uninstalled ALL of cygwin, then installed it again with just the cygwin base and octave (no X or other packages).? In all cases the behavior is the same.

I'm not a linux or cygwin expert and don't really know where to start debugging this.? I'm not sure if this is a problem with cygwin or octave. ?Any suggestions?? Thanks,

- Bruce McNamara