Re: Empty include file on samba share

At 12:22 07.01.2009 -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
>Fabian Cenedese wrote:
>>However if the whole C++ project is moved from the local drive to a
>>share (samba, probably also windows) the compilation may fail with
>>various errors. The main problem seems to be that include files are not
>>read properly. They are found (gcc emits an error if the name is wrong)
>>but the content seems not to be read. Even if such a problematic
>>header file contains crap it is not mentioned by gcc. To make things
>>worse is that on different computers the compilation may fail differently
>>or even work without problems.
>
>We're missing some information about your system configuration.  Please
>read the problem reporting guidelines found at the link below, paying
>particular attention to the part about the cygcheck output.  A STC might
>also be warranted.

The output is attached. But the cygwin tool list is not important as we only
provide the minimum (meaning cygwin1.dll) to run the compiler and linker.
Drive q is a samba share, not really NTFS.

If STC means 'simple test case' then I can't provide one as it doesn't happen
reproducably on my computer, not to mention on other's computers. The
case itself is simple: call gcc to compile a file that lies on a share (as well
as the needed project includes). The c library includes are still local (N:).

make: Entering directory `Q:/Machine/Control'
gcc.exe -mcpu=603 -c -g -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -Wall -Wconversion -Wsign-compare -O2 -fverbose-asm \
        -S \
        -IN:/IMD/Include32 -IQ:/Machine/Control/firmware/info_ppc/inc -IQ:/Machine/Control/firmware/info_ppc/hal -IQ:/Machine/Control/os/inos/inc -IQ:/Machine/Control/os/inco/inc -IQ:/Machine/Control/os/inos/hal -IQ:/Machine/Control/application/syscalls/include -IQ:/Machine/Control/application/handling/include -IQ:/Machine/Control/application/axes/include -IQ:/Machine/Control/application/syscalls/hal -IQ:/Machine/Common/include \
        -DPPC603 -DINFO_SAM -DINOS_OLD_BITS -D_DEBUG -DINOS_NG -DINOS_LIBC_REENTRANCY_SUPPORT \
        Q:/Machine/Control/Application/Axes/Source/CAxis.cpp -o Q:/Machine/Control/bin32/CAxis.s
In file included from Q:/Machine/Control/os/inos/inc/CINOSProcessImage.h:194,
                 from Q:/Machine/Control/firmware/info_ppc/inc/info_acs.h:198,
                 from /cygdrive/c/Temp/cc30zQvv.ii:49:
Q:/Machine/Control/os/inos/inc/CINOSAdcChannel.h:54: parse error before `{'
And many other errors coming from unknown items because of seemingly not
or badly read include files.

However the same line works fine if the project lies on a local drive.

>>Problem reports:       http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
>Absent the above, my WAG is that you need to add 'smbntsec' to your
>CYGWIN environment variable.

If I add this environment variable with smbntsec I can't even start
compiling anymore:

gcc: Q:\Machine\Control\Application\Axes\Source\CAxis.cpp: Permission denied
gcc: No input files

But I have no problem viewing this file or any other from the project
in a windows editor. Using ntsec or nothing at all I'm back to my
original problem.

Thanks

bye  Fabi