Re: Pointers on Making a Cygwin CD (including source)?

> On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 12:25:59AM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>>One of the things I liked about Vin Shelton's script was that
>>it allowed me to customize what was installed by default.  I
>>need to add 5-6 packages to the default install.  I'd really
>>like to keep it to 1 CD if at all possible.  I was under the
>>impression that the default packages (and sources) should fit
>>on a single CD.
>
> That depends on what you mean by "default".

I mean the packages that are installed by default when you run
setup.exe for the first time and don't select any additional
packages.  Maybe that set of packages is called something else?

> The whole distribution just barely fits on one CD - if
> everything is recompressed with lzma.  So it is likely that
> you would be able to put a sizeable subset of the distribution
> + sources on the CD - as long as you don't need, say, the xorg
> packages.

Nope, I don't need Xorg.  All I need is the "default" install
plus gcc, tcltk, make, sharutils, and wget.  Just for grins I
might also throw in nano or vim.

--
Grant