Re: Pointers on Making a Cygwin CD (including source)?

> On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 10:31:21PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>>I need to put a Cygwin snapshot on CD[*].
>
> It's probably not what you want, and it is still a work in progress, but
> I've been generating downloadable Cygwin ISOs at my own site for a few
> months now.  It's still a work in progress but ISOs are available here:
>
> http://cygwinsolutions.com/

Thanks.  I'll take a look.

> I generate two ISOs - one for source, one for binary.
>
> For instance here is a binary ISO:
>
> http://updates.cygwinsolutions.com/20090107-11/cygwin-20090107-11-bin.iso
>
> and here is a source ISO:
>
> http://updates.cygwinsolutions.com/20090107-11/cygwin-20090107-11-src.iso
>
> You don't have to provide the source code along with the binary.  You
> just have to be willing to provide the source code to anyone who asks
> for it.

One of the things I liked about Vin Shelton's script was that
it allowed me to customize what was installed by default.  I
need to add 5-6 packages to the default install.  I'd really
like to keep it to 1 CD if at all possible.  I was under the
impression that the default packages (and sources) should fit
on a single CD.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! RHAPSODY in Glue!
                                  at