Re: cmd.exe from Cygwin

Jeenu V wrote:
On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 10:00 AM, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
And I assume that you don't have this problem if you just invoke
'cmd.exe' from Windows and try the same thing and further that it
does reproduce if you then invoke 'bash' from that command prompt
and then 'cmd.exe' again.

cmd.exe from Windows: no; it behaves normally cmd.exe -> bash -> cmd.exe: same problem

OK, sounds like an environment problem then. You could probably spot the issue by comparing the environment you get in bash with the one you get in cmd.exe.

I watched the screencast.  That's how I came to understand the
problem you were seeing.  I wouldn't say I couldn't reproduce it
otherwise.  I try really hard not to lie about this kind of thing. ;-)

Just making sure, you know :)

Yep.

I checked with one of my colleagues who has Cygwin installed, but he
doesn't seem to have this problem. I feel like going with a fresh
installation.

Fair enough.

Holliston, MA 01746