Re: cmd.exe from Cygwin

Jeenu V wrote:
N:\src\CEDAR\GENERIC\base\bsp\hwip_arm\rvemuboard\ct1136\test>cmd /c
bldmake bldfiles ARMV6
sh: E:SymbianM04765_Symbian_OS_v9.5binTechViewepoc32toolsbldmake.bat:
command not found
If you see above example, all I run is a command 'bldmake' which neither contain back-slash nor white-space. So there's no need to quote the file name here. What 'bldmake' really is--whether .bat, .com or .exe--it's for cmd.exe to find out, of course using %PATH%. In my case, going by the output, it did locate a .bat file with the name 'bldmake'. However, I suspect, something went wrong in the path translation. But the 'sh: ' in the error output rings in my head.
Nobody here knows what the contents of bldmake is. As David pointed out a simply execution of cmd /c works fine. So the question is what is bldmake. It seems to be attempting to re-execute itself down some path on the E drive and as David also pointed out, probably trips up on Cygwin in the path somewhere. Take "bldmake" apart and put some echo statements in there to isolate where the problem really is.
Talking about black-slashes: assuming it's a .bat file, as long as the content is interpreted by cmd.exe, the back-slashes inside the script shouldn't make a difference.
For all we know bldmake could be bldmake.bat which contains a line such as:

sh E:\Symbian\M04765_Symbain_OS_V9.5\bin\Tech\Viewepoc32\tools\bldmake.bat

Intending to use Symbian's version of "sh" which can handle backslashes but due to how your PATH is setup it's using Cygwin's version of "sh" which doesn't like the backslashes. I'm not saying that's exactly what's going on, I'm saying that we don't know given your description so far.
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
He's not dead, he's electroencephalographically challenged.