Re: MinTTY

Christopher Faylor wrote:
I wouldn't mind making MinTTY a regular cygwin package.  It sounds like it
would get enough votes.

That would be great. I'll need to read up on the package submission requirements and process. Unless someone would like to volunteer as the MinTTY package maintainer?

In fact, if it operates like an xterm on Windows
maybe it should even be the default program that is invoked by cygwin.bat.

I'd certainly like that, although unfortunately MinTTY doesn't quite fit the bill yet due to Issue 4 about leaving the console window open. And of course it needs a lot more testing.

Speaking of cygwin.bat, is that actually still needed? I find that bash can be invoked more directly through a shortcut, and working directory and icon can be set there too. The same works for mintty.

Andy