Re: Is it possible to install cygwin application passing the setup?

Alexander M. Batishchev wrote:
Hello.
Thanks a lot for information you provided, it helps a lot!
My formula to make using Cygwin magnificent:
Create batch with body 'call "D:\Cygwin\bin\%1" %2 %3 ..'
Add the directory contains it to %PATH%
Call anything via 'cygwin foo -?'
Cheers!

Glad it helped you.

PS.
Please also tip me what does 'commandeer someone else's threads for your
own use' means? What I did, unfortunately, wrong?

You replied to someone else's message, changed the subject, and typed your question into the body of that reply. The email list to which you send your messages is threaded, which means it tracks replies to the original message. If you look at the email archives for your message, you'll see a "References" line at the botton which refers back to the email message you replied to, with it's original subject:

<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-12/msg00586.html>

If you reply to someone else's message to start your own, new question, it
makes finding your message in the archives harder, as well as messing up
the original thread.  People who use email clients that understand threading
(and it's not that unusual nowadays to find email clients with this
capability) and also newsreaders also see the corrupted thread.  We ask that
you don't do this for this reason.  If you have a new question to ask, send
a new message to the list.