Re: Setup.exe (v2.609) Primary Group Problem

On Dec 17 14:10, Matt Rice wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> Sorry for mailing twice, I never got a response.  Is there a workaround
>>> for getting the default install group to be what I want it to be?
>> I don't understand why a later chgrp doesn't provide what you need.
>> Corinna
>
> That's what I'm doing now, but that means I have to chgrp every time
> packages are installed or updated.  One package isn't really a problem, but
> doing this for many packages is.  I have to know all file paths associated
> with every installed/updated package and chgrp( -R) on all of them (which
> can be time consuming).  Even using -R sometimes won't do because some
> subdirectories' groups would need to remain.
>
> Would adding cmd line arguments for user/group to setup.exe be possible?

http://cygwin.com/acronyms/$PTC
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/$SHTDI

Alternatively, if you have no Cygwin process running, and you don't
have to update the cygwin package itself, you can try running ash
(which probably won't get any updates anyway) and start setup.exe
from there.  The idea is that setup inherits the user token with your
new primary group if started from a Cygwin process.  Only the ash and
cygwin packages can't be updated that way.  But that's just a thought.
I give no guarantee that it works.

Corinna

Red Hat