Re: how to find where alias's are defined

* ScKaSx (Sun, 14 Dec 2008 16:04:23 -0800 (PST))>

> I want to know the location of alias's in cygwin.  I made afew awhile ago
> and now can not determine where they are located.  When I type 'alias' I can
> see the ones I made but it doesn't tell me a location.

The easiest thing would be to simply search the whole Cygwin folder for
a file with a content of your alias. The smartest thing would be to
identify which shell you are using, read the FILES section of the man
page and then to look into these files. If you use bash that would be
/etc/profile, ~./bashrc and ~/.bash_profile.

Where ever you did put your aliases - if you didn't put them in
~/.bashrc then you put them into the wrong place.

Thorsten