Re: [SPAM] - Re: 1.5.25-15: Missing shell prompt when connecting remotely via ssh using putty. - Sending mail server found on list.dsbl.org

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 03:06:46PM -0500, Andrew wrote:
>I did.  No response though :-( And again, I doubt the guide is at
>flaw..since every other site has roughly the same instructions.

It's unlikely that every other site tells you to edit cygwin.bat.
If that was really a requirement then we'd do this at start time
not tell everyone to do it.

The instructions at this site actually go against what we consider
to be good practice.  For instance, this:

mount -s --change-cygdrive-prefix /

is not something that we endorse.

So please don't characterize this as standard advice.  It isn't.

cgf