Re: Bash process hangs around forever after ssh disconnect

* Michael Hipp (Sat, 22 Nov 2008 13:49:33 -0600)
> I'm logging in to a W2k server via cygwin sshd and using Putty as my
> terminal emulator. If my ssh connection gets dropped for any reason
> the bash.exe process on the host just stays there forever. Also,
> anything I was running in bash (e.g. vim) will stay there forever. I'm
> having to use taskman to clean this up periodically.
>
> Anything that can be done about this?

You could check or set you the ClientAliveInterval and TCPKeepAlive.
I've set both to 0 respectively to no because I don't want sshd to kill
my session only because the client does not respond for a while. Use
"screen" to reconnect when the connection is back.

Thorsten