Re: rsync 3.0.4 over ssh hanging on cygwin 1.7

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 9:54 AM, Christopher Faylor
<cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> Your analysis of the problem is likely incorrect.

I think we are saying the same thing, if you like your explanation
better, that is fine with me.

> Nevertheless, the problem is still there and as always PGA.  I have
> spent a considerable amount of time staring at the code and googling for
> a solution but to no avail.

Seems that we can agree this issue isn't going to be fixed any time soon.

Might I respectfully suggest that the rsync package be modified to
issue an message when an attempt is made to use secure shell so that
it is clear there is no expectation this functionality will work.  As
it is, individuals will repeatedly stumble across this problem and
waste time in the process.

Brett