mmap call gives invalid argument

Good day Cygwin gurus,

I'm trying to run a very tiny app called dmidecode on cygwin
(http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/dmidecode/dmidecode-2.9.tar.gz).
 The app is so small it takes 5 seconds for it to compile OOTB.   For
several years, I've compiled the app on Cygwin on several Pentium
systems (even using non-updated Cygwin installations) and the thing
had always worked properly.

This time, I got a mininotebook with a VIA processor and then, when I
compile dmidecode, it doesn't work properly anymore.  Please let me
know if this is a Cygwin problem or a dmidecode problem.  I can't give
you more hardware details since I need dmidecode to get the hardware
details.  Thus, I'm a bit stuck with a recursive problem here.  Here's
what I do:

$ tar -zxf dmidecode-2.9.tar.gz
$ cd dmidecode-2.9
$ make
gcc -W -Wall -Wshadow -Wstrict-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual
-Wcast-align -Wwrite-strings -Wmissing-prototypes -Winline -Wundef -O2
-c dmidecode.c -o dmidecode.o
<snip>
gcc  dmidecode.o dmiopt.o dmioem.o util.o -o dmidecode
<snip>
<snip>
$ ./dmidecode.exe
# dmidecode 2.9
SMBIOS 2.5 present.
54 structures occupying 1495 bytes.
Table at 0x3BEE3000.

/dev/mem: mmap: Invalid argument

Attached is cygcheck -svr.

If you want to see "strace ./dmidecode.exe > strace.out 2>&1", it's on
the link below:

http://astra.ph/research/carlo/strace.out

Thank you very much.

Best Regards,