Re: git-svn: perl <pid> child_copy: linked dll data write copy failed

> On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:07:19PM -0700, George Reilly wrote:
>>Resending. I think the earlier copy failed to get through because it
>>was HTML. It'd be nice if the mailing list software sent a rejection
>>notice instead of silently dropping HTML mail on the floor.
>
> The mailing list software does send a bounce.  People (like you?) often
> ignore it or, amusingly, send a copy of the bounce (which points to a
> web page describing the problem) as html email to postmaster asking
> whats wrong.
>
> Complaining about this and sending along a forwarded message duplicating
> the information that belongs in the header of the message is pretty
> pointless and off-topic.  Please don't kvetch about email problems here.
> It's very likely that the thousands of people who read this mailing list
> don't really care about your inability to send email.

If you say so, but I've just double checked my Trash and Spam folders
in Gmail, and I can find no bounces from the list. And I unwittingly
sent two HTML mails to the list before guessing what had gone wrong.

Anyway, however much unproductive fun it may be to get snotty about
HTML bounces, the real reason for my (multiple) messages was git-svn.

What say you to the git-svn issues? (Hint: read the rest of
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2008-10/msg00602.html, since you chose to
snip that text in your reply.)
--
/George V. Reilly  george.v.reilly@gmail.com