Re: Compile time Local Cygwin vs. VMware session on same system

"Manning, Sid" wrote:

> I was surprised to see that I could compile much faster under VMware than on Cygwin on the same host.

Why is that surprising?  Cygwin and VMware work on entirely different
principles.  Plus your chosen benchmark essentially tests the two
slowest aspects of Cygwin, process creation and filesystem access, both
of which are particularly fast on Linux.

Brian