Re: Problem to open big selfextracting Zip files from bash - starting from scratch :-)

Christopher Faylor schrieb:
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 04:10:05PM +0200, Dirk Napierala wrote:
Dave Korn schrieb:
Dirk Napierala wrote on 14 October 2008 14:00:

[SNIP]

One of the main reasons you get so few replies is because nobody can
find what you're actually saying among the mass of redundant and
illegibly-formatted quotes and quotes of quotes in all your posts.  If
you make it needlessly hard to get the information, fewer people will
bother trying.

Did you tell us what factors you /are/ allowed to change yet, out of
the DLL, the SFXs, the process that generates them and the process that
executes them?
We may change any OS setting if needed. Apply regkeys as a
fix/workaround, install another version of cygwin. What you mentioned
above is out of our control. Basically we can try doing anything on
the OS.

Changing an OS setting is one thing that you specifically said you couldn't do here:

So which is it then? Unable or reluctant?
Dear Mr.Faylor
If you have the setting for me that need to be changed on the OS level you are welcome to share it with me.
Regardless of "Unable or reluctant".
If not, please put your sarcasm to others, not me.
Looks like that you put more time in blaming me than to help.
I asked you before to keep courtesy, but it looks like you have more fun doing it that way.
So I appreciate if you do not follow up this further.
Thank you.
cgf