RE: cygwin shell scripting - how to pass values from command line to ssh remote command

Thorsten Kampe wrote on 14 October 2008 21:11:

> * Z W (Tue, 14 Oct 2008 11:59:07 -0700)
>> I'm have a shell script, test.sh below to run with cygwin in a Windows
>> box.
>>
>> #!/usr/bin/sh
>>
>> ssh qa@load01 'export MAX_MS=100; export OFFSET_MS=89900; export
>> THREADS=4; export RAMP=1; export LOOPS=2; echo load01 ; cd
>> /cygdrive/c/apps/bin ; pwd ; nohup ./start.sh  \& ; ps -efW | grep
>> java ; exit '
>
> That's not a shell script - it's just a single command.

  Uh, it's a shell script *containing* a single ssh command.  Note the
shebang.  Also note the mention of the filename "test.sh", which is not to be
confused with the script "start.sh" on the remote machine.

> The multiple export statements are superfluous.

  Surely not, if you want the definitions to be visible in the sub-shell that
executes "start.sh"?

> The "cd" looks superfluous, too.

  Surely not, unless /cygdrive/c/apps/bin is the qa user's home dir?

>  Also the "pwd".

  Surely not, if it's a bit of debugging trace that lets ZW know that the
directory exists and so the cd command succeeded and there must be something
else wrong if the script doesn't execute?

> Also the "exit".

  Ok, I'm with you there :-)  But I still think one of us needs more coffee...

    cheers,
      DaveK