Re: __CYGWIN_USE_BIG_TYPES__

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Blake"
Subject: Re: __CYGWIN_USE_BIG_TYPES__

Please show us a reproducible test case (ie. self-contained C file with
cruft removed that triggered the message, and not just the one-line

That reads poorly. I meant:

a self-contained C file that triggers the message and with as much cruft
unrelated to the message removed

Hi Eric,

This has turned out to be blindingly simple to reproduce - though not
blindingly obvious (at least not to me!)

Create an empty CPP source file and simply add the following line:-

#include <fstream>

Now try to compile the file.  In my case I get around 50 errors, the first
of which is:-

\usr\include\pthread.h:  77: error: `pthread_attr_t' was not declared in
this scope

Now change the file's extension to ".c" and re-compile.  This gives another
host of errors, but different errors from the previous ones..!

One important difference between Linux and Cygwin is that my Linux partition
has just one file called fstream which is in  /usr/include/c++/4.1.2
Cygwin has 3 copies, including one that's part of 'boost'.  It's unlikely
that the boost version is getting included by accident because it isn't in
my compiler's search paths.

If you can't reproduce this, then the most likely cause is that some other
header files also have multiple versions and I need to re-order my search
paths.  However, I'd be grateful if you can try this when you get some spare
time.

Thanks,

John