Re: Memory leak with timer

Bob van Loosen wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 02:45:55AM +0200, Bob van Loosen wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
This should be fixed in the next snapshot. If you are looking for a
workaround, specifically set the sigev_notify_attributes to
PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED.
Thanks, that fixed it.
Shouldn't PTHREAD_CREATE_DETACHED be default? That's what the opengroup.org site says.

Maybe you need to reinvestigate the meaning of "fixed" and "workaround"?
From my point of view, the workaround fixed the memory leak.

So if the workaround was the fix in your mind, why the follow-up question? I think the point that's being missed here is that there was a way Chris found for you to move beyond the problem even without his fix. But there was a problem that needed fixing so that the next person doesn't run into the same thing. If that makes sense to you, then you've gotten all you can from this thread.

Holliston, MA 01746