Re: slow filesystem access mc start take sometimes 1 sec sometimes upto 7 sec or sometimes more

Hello Larry

On 18.09.08, you wrote:

>> i try now latest cygwin1.dll from 15.9.2008
>>
>> normaly when i start bash, it take 5 sec.
>>
>> now with this lib the message soon come huh no etc/fstab file in
>> \??\E:\amiga\amidevcpp\etc\fstab.d\bernd?
>> using default root and cygdrive prefix.
>
> You've installed the experimental Cygwin 1.7 package.  I doubt that

No, i have only try out newest cygwin1.dll  short , in the hope with newest
file it work better.
but it dont work and i have copy old file back.

My cygwin have no fstab file, so i want informate you.
i have install severall times with installer, but dont help

> You said before that you saw the same performance problems with
> 'cygcheck'. Have you tried other Win32 command line programs? Do they have

i type regedit in and regedit window is very fast see.
cygwin shell programs as ls or cd etc work
fast.

The start of bash(when i click on windows cygwin Icon>)take too 2- 8 sec to
start i notice now.

few starts are done in 2 sec.most take 8 sec

Is there a way of logging to see what bash do this long time ?

> a problem? If so, then this really is caused by something other than
> Cygwin. You also said that you've uninstalled the Logitech webcam. Did you
> also reboot. This is often necessary to remove all hooks of faulty
> software from the system.

yes i have reboot after that.i only want informate maybe there are some
files left.i deinstall 3 logitech parts, driver and programs with the
deinstaller.

ok i write to logitech then, can you explain more for logitech support what
problem is ?

i have also deinstal the m$ debug process manager and reboot, but not help.

Regards