RE: Can't find how to fetch from the web

>> Is there a
>> server response that can provoke an abnormal termination ( want to say
>> seg fault or access violation but can't remember)?
>
> Absolutely not! Why on earth would anyone want to let a remote server
> crash their software? No, you just get a nice friendly error status code
> (e.g. 404) which your browser is supposed to display to you.

I was asking about known bugs, which become design features if they don't have
an impact under any condition someone cares about. If I'm going to get a 404,
I don't really care if I get an access violation as long as "$?" is non-zero. I was
being somewhat facetious but within the scope of my original premise. You
have to prioritize fixes and this certainly wouldn't get a big item if it existed.

Things like buffer overflows have been known to create vulnerabilities but
in this context probably not a big issue.

LOL.