setup v2.573.2.3: Postinstall: "abnormal exit: exit code=126"

Hello cygwin,

>> Hello cygwin,
>>
>>   I found 2 missed components which fixes postinstall errors: "ash" and
>>   "tar".
>  Yes, I noticed this bug myself just the other day when doing a completely
>fresh install during setup.exe testing.
Oh, i fixed this stupid install system problem. You guys should
definetly rewrite setup, it is madness clicking by these "Skip" items, to
set or reset something - when i missed it i should go to beginning and
do it again, OMG.

But here is several things:

1. cygwin setup doesn't check consistency of requested setup.ini file.
Any crossreference breaking down correct install order. For example,
"_update-info-dir" component IMHO should postinstall at last, but
because it set as dependency to many other components, it runs at
beginning, even before "bash", and becase sh.exe doesn't exist yet, -
falls in failure. Or, for example, "base-passwd" referenced to
"cygwin" and vice versa. Setup even doesn't complain it, just run on
random install order - oh ye, good choice 8-|
I spent all day to create correct setup.ini manually by myself to fix
install order for "Install from Local Directory" option.

2. I don't need many things from cygwin, for example, "man" and "info"
with documentation to each choosed component doesn't needed to run
configure" from GCC. But setup forced to install these, even in
postinstall scripts by using "install-info.exe" without checking it
on existence, and of cause crashing if not. In other words, your minimal
cygwin requirements is too big (minimal install is about (!) 200MB).

--
Best regards,
 Andry                          mailto:andry@inbox.ru