Problem opening new serial ports

I've been successfully using the original two serial ports on my
Windows PC, COM1 and COM2, referring to them to Cygwin tools as
/dev/ttyS0 and /dev/ttyS1, respectively.  I needed two more serial
ports, so I used a device that plugs into a USB port on a PC and
provides two serial ports.  The device is an Edgeport/2 USB
Converter.  I installed the drivers and now the Windows Device
Manager shows the following under "Ports (COM & LPT)":

   Communications Port (COM1)
   Communications Port (COM2)
   EdgePort [V20853020-0] Serial Port - 1 (COM24)
   EdgePort [V20853020-0] Serial Port - 2 (COM25)

plus devices on LPT1, COM4 and COM5.

Cygwin tools don't seem to be able to find these two new ports.  For
example:

   $ stty < /dev/ttyS23
   bash: /dev/ttyS23: No such file or directory

   $ stty < /dev/ttyS24
   bash: /dev/ttyS24: No such file or directory

Is there something else I need to do to get Cygwin to recognize
these ports?  Do they look like serial ports to Cygwin, or does
Cygwin see only the USB port?

I have not rebooted the machine since installing the EdgePort device
since I have experiments running on it at the moment.

Regards,
Gary