Re: How to run cygwin compiled/linked application on machine without cygwin installed?

Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

Karen Frank wrote:
I have c++ application built on machine "A" with cygwin (1.5.25-14)
installed. I have copied the application and cygwin1.dll to machine "B",
where cygwin has not been installed. When I attempt to execute the
application I get alert messages that various cygwin dlls are missing and
that reinstalling may help to solve the problem. My understanding is that
only the cygwin1.dll was required. I ran cygcheck on my application
executable and I did get list of several dlls (eg: cygXm-2.dll) as
dependencies. I am uncertain how to proceed.

If installing Cygwin is not an option for some reason, then you need all the DLLs you see listed by 'cygcheck'. Of course this will make you a <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#3PP>. You have been warned and may be shunned. See if you can sleep well now! ;-)

And you need Cywin/X running (the above library is for X windows) which is a lot more than a list of libraries.
--
Renà Berber