Re: Download Cygwin once and intall it several times

peterpan1616 wrote:
Why, exactly?
The answer is: exactly I do not know why.
Looking in the repository, effectively the ash package there isn't.
But consider also that,  the same repository, directly download on a
pc do not make problems.

If the PC without problems was installed from the same repository, it would be missing 'ash' as well (in addition to other packages). Given the steps you outlined, you say you _downloaded_ from one source, "HEANET.IT", in Ireland. Did you also use this to _install_ on "PC_A"?

Regardless, it appears your local copy of the repository is incomplete.
I've checked the "HEANET.IT" and it contains an 'ash' directory and
packages.  If your local repository doesn't have it, then it is
incomplete.  You'll have much better luck if you start with a complete
local repository.

Holliston, MA 01746