Re: Problem making a package

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 07:52:53PM -0300, Douglas Gemignani wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I made a distribuction package that will include some binaries,
>headers, libraries and linker files. I would like them to be at
>/usr/local/ so I won't have to configure the PATH for my binaries, but
>I can't make setup.exe to install my package.
>I packed everything under folders, then run tar and .bgz, I got my
>package-1.0.0-1.tar.bgz, I did the setup.hint file, and the setup.exe
>identify my package, but it won't install it.
>
>Is there any trick that I forgot?
>
>I tried to use that tool cygport, but it doesn't work as well, it has
>so many depencies, and fails at some checks.
>
>I followed almost everything at http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html.
>
>I hope I can find some help here! I'm using 7zip to compress.

setup.exe doesn't read setup.hint files and setup.exe doesn't read
7zip files.

It isn't clear why you need setup.exe to do your installation.  Why
not just run tar?  If you really do need to use setup.exe then you
will need to create an entry in a setup.ini file.  That has a slightly
different format from setup.hint although if you look at an existing
setup.ini file you should be able to see what is needed.

cgf