RE: script

r wrote on Sunday, July 27, 2008 11:11 AM:
>  Saturday 26 July 2008, alle 19:36, René Berber wrote:
>> r wrote:
>>
>>> How can I execute a script at boot time ?
>>> it's a simple retrieving email script with 'getmail' [snip]
>>
>> An easy way is to use cron, with 'crontab -e' add a line like this:
>>
>> @reboot /bin/startup_retrieve_mail.sh > /dev/null 2>&1
>>
>> Make sure the script is executable, the redirection is optional and
>> perhaps shouldn't be used at the beginning in case there are error
>> or unexpected messages, once its working you can put that in.

Another way is to put a shortcut in Windows' Startup folder with the
following command line.

c:\cygwin\bin\sh -c /bin/startup_retrieve_mail.sh

This might be preferred by those who do not have any other reason to
run cron.

- Barry
  -  Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.