Re: File permissions cygwin install

Larry Hall wrote:

Doing so would likely remove the ability that we have now the allows
users pre-create the installation directory with the permissions
they want to have for the entire tree.  So adding the additional
functionality you speak of to 'setup.exe', while possible, comes
with additional costs beyond the obvious (of just implementing
your idea).

I haven't written to add something to 'setup.exe'. I have tried to stress the logic Linux/Cygwin asking for a workaround, mainly to correct a current installation.

Cheers, Angelo.

---
Tu proverai si' come sa di sale
lo pane altrui, e come e' duro calle
lo scendere e 'l salir per l'altrui scale.

DANTE, Paradiso, xvii 58-60