Re: bash load

> But the short answer is that bash reads either .bashrc (non-login
> shell) or .bash_profile (login shell), but not both.  If you want the
> stuff in your .bashrc to be loaded in a login shell, you need to
> source it explicitly inside your .bash_profile via something like
> this:
>
> . "${HOME}"/.bashrc
>
> Also make sure that the .bash files are in your actual home directory,
> which is usually not /home but /home/YourUserName...

Ok, it seems is solved putting .bash_profile in my $HOME dir.
But when I lunch cygwin before to appear bash login it appares
error messages :

bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifier
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifier
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifier_DIR
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifier
bash: $'\r': command not found
': not a valid identifier
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found
bash: $'\r': command not found

Do you know why ?

my .bash_profile is

# base-files version 3.7-1

# To pick up the latest recommended .bash_profile content,
# look in /etc/defaults/etc/skel/.bash_profile

# Modifying /etc/skel/.bash_profile directly will prevent
# setup from updating it.

# The copy in your home directory (~/.bash_profile) is yours, please
# feel free to customise it to create a shell
# environment to your liking.  If you feel a change
# would be benifitial to all, please feel free to send
# a patch to the cygwin mailing list.

# ~/.bash_profile: executed by bash for login shells.

# source the system wide bashrc if it exists
if [ -e /etc/bash.bashrc ] ; then
  source /etc/bash.bashrc
fi

# source the users bashrc if it exists
if [ -e "${HOME}/.bashrc" ] ; then
  source "${HOME}/.bashrc"
fi

# Set PATH so it includes user's private bin if it exists
# if [ -d "${HOME}/bin" ] ; then
#   PATH=${HOME}/bin:${PATH}
# fi

# Set MANPATH so it includes users' private man if it exists
# if [ -d "${HOME}/man" ]; then
#   MANPATH=${HOME}/man:${MANPATH}
# fi

# Set INFOPATH so it includes users' private info if it exists
# if [ -d "${HOME}/info" ]; then
#   INFOPATH=${HOME}/info:${INFOPATH}
# fi

Instead my .bashrc ( post just active records )

# Some shortcuts for different directory listings

alias ls="ls -hF --color=tty"                 # classify files in colour
alias dir="ls --color=auto --format=vertical"
alias vdir="ls --color=auto --format=long"
# alias ll='ls -l'                              # long list
# alias la='ls -A'                              # all but . and ..
# alias l='ls -CF'
#
NNTPSERVER="news.tin.it"
export NNTPSERVER

# DISPLAY="127.0.0.1:0.0"
# export DISPLAY

"SLRNHOME"=c:\slrn"
export SLRNHOME

SLRN_SLANG_DIR="c:\slrn\slang"
export
SLRN_SLANG_DIR

# SLRN_SLANG_DIR="/lib/slrn/slang"
# export SLRN_SLANG_DIR

HOSTNAME="somewhere.com"
export HOSTNAME

TMP="/tmp"
export TMP

alias getmail="getmail --rcfile getmailrc-rtrev_fw --rcfile getmailrc-
r_trev_fw --rcfile getmailrc-jcclw_fw --rcfile get mailrc-alice"

Do you know why ??