Re: odd PATH

Konstantin Gorskov wrote:

> Hi! I'm building ffmpeg using cygwin+mingw32ce. I have build configure file successfully, but can not execute 'make' command properly. I get ffmpeg.d:1 ***multiple target patters.Stop.

This probably means your Makefile contains Win32 (drive-letter) style
paths, which Cygwin make does not support.

> I understand, that I get this error because of blank spaces if file paths, but
> where does those Program Files comes from? How are they related to my build?
> There are no tracks of them in profile either:
> PATH=/cygdrive/c/mingw/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:$PATH
> export PATH

This statement *prepends* a set of values to the existing value of
$PATH, which starts out with a value from the operating system
configuration.  Those other directories are already in your path from
Windows, as you can see if you look at PATH in a standard command prompt
(or from the GUI: System Properties -> Advanced tab -> Environment
Variables button.)  This likely has nothing to do with your error
because it's totally normal for the PATH to contain those sort of
things.  Having paths with spaces is not an issue and works fine.

Brian