Re: OpenMP and Cygwin

Ami Marowka wrote:

I got the message: "cc1plus: warning: command line option "-fopenmp" is valid for D but not for C++"

I found that the gcc version is 3.4.4 !? Is there any reason why the LATEST version of Cygwin uses so old gcc version?
It seems that gcc version 3.4.4 does not support OpenMP.

You'll find the topics you raised beaten nearly to death in the mailing list archives. While it's not too difficult to build current g++ (without cygwin special patches) on Cygwin, I haven't found anything but performance loss for the resulting OpenMP. Others have discussed the weaknesses of the attempting increased usage of exception handling.