Re: setup.exe command line parameters

Ralph Hempel a écrit :
With all of the talk about setup package selection and install
procedures, I have a little story.

One of the things I do for fun is write replacement firmware for the
LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT - specifically pbLua. I needed an easy way to
build the ARM7 cross compiler, and to locate and program the NXT via
libusb.

More importantly, I needed to share how to build it, which I have not
yet done.

Long story short, I ended up using a hacked older version of
setup.exe that accepted a -p parameter and a list of packages. It
worked great!

Is there a compelling reason why that patch can't be applied to the current setup and released? Are there security or stability issues I'm not thinking about?

That being said, I CAN run setup.exe in unattended quiet mode and get
a BASE cygwin install done, and I'm quite happy with that. But I'd
really, really like to specify packages on the command line.

Can I help by offering to update the patch to the current setup?

You need to modify the "setup.ini" file, create "virtual" (empty) package that belongs to the "Base" category and make all the additional packages you want dependant of this virtual package by filling the "requires" field.

That's a known-working workaround i'm using for quite a long time.

All the best,

Nicolas