Re: installer is really confusing to use

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 07:53:29PM -0400, alex wrote:
>how do I just install a single package? It seems it wants to uninstall
>then reinstall everything or some other option I don't want. The closest
>I've been able to get is, select uninstall everything, download to disk first,
>then install from disk once that's complete but even that is unreliable.

Nearly every package in the system relies on some other package so you
can't really just install one package without pulling in others.  You
really wouldn't want to do that because the single package wouldn't work
right if it didn't have its dependencies anyway.