Re: Decompressing/Viewing zip files with Cygwin

You might also try 7-Zip.  You can download it from: http://www.7-zip.org/
7-zip supports 7z, ZIP, CAB, RAR, ARJ, LZH, CHM, GZIP, BZIP2, Z, TAR, CPIO, ISO, MSI, WIM, NSIS, RPM and DEB formats.

I use this and in my shell resource file I have aliased it to "7z" in instead of putting the directory in my $PATH variable for some reason, I cant remember.  Lazy maybe.

alias 7z='/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/7-Zip/7z.exe'

7-Zip also has a gui executable, "/cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/7-Zip/7zFM.exe"
for a window interface.

regards

---