Re: Compiling from cvs and duplicate definition error on strsignal

Brian Keener <bkeenerReMoVeAnTiSpAm <at> thesoftwaresource.com> writes:

> I was compiling a debug version of Cygwin after updating from current
> cvs (starting from scratch) and got a conflicting types error on
> definition of strsignal building libiberty/strsignal.c :
> at line 409 of strsignal.c in
> /usr/develop/src/src/src/libiberty/strsignal.c
> vs
> line 79 of string.h in
> /usr/develop/src/src/src/newlib/libc/include/string.h.

That merely means that both libiberty's strsignal.c and cygwin's strsig.cc
conflict with the upcoming POSIX 200x definition of strsignal to return char*
rather than const char *, and that they haven't caught up with my newlib patch
from this morning where I fixed the same bug in newlib.  For that matter, why
does building cygwin trigger a build of libiberty, since we obviously don't use
libiberty's strsignal.c?  The libiberty bug should probably be reported to the
gcc and/or gdb list; and I've been meaning to post a patch for cygwin's side of
the bug.

--
Eric Blake