Re: 1.5.25-14 cygwin on Windows Server2008 Intel64 does not run

I've seen the same problem for several months now on both 32-bit and 64-bit
versions of 2008.  Your /var/log/setup.log probably also shows that most if
not all the postinstall scripts failed for the same reason.

That said, there are other Win2008 boxes I have successfully installed on
and I have yet to find the significant difference between the boxes that succeed and
those that fail.

So, unfortunately I don't have a solution, but I thought it was worth pointing
out that there are others having the same problem.  As I continue to have time,
I'll keep experimenting and will post if I find a solution or just more info.

In my case I always installed on a very stock system (pretty much a straight
install of Vista Business from an MSDN install image).  Between cygwin install
attempts (I have retried frequently over time) I fully remove the previous
cygwin install (remove c:\cygwin, remove start menu and registry items manually).
Then I simply do a install without adding any additional packages.

I've had similar problems with 64-bit Win2003 and but without more root analysis
I can't really claim that's the same problem.   I also had a suspicion that
Vista with SP1 also could exhibit the problem, but that's pretty anecdotal at
this time.

[And if anyone has some insight on how we can carry the diagnosis of the problem
to further detail, any info would be appreciated.  Thanks!]

-- Eric