Re: start ssh port forwarding at boot time

Am Sonntag 15 Juni 2008 schrieb René Berber:
> Matthias Meyer wrote:
>
> > I try to start port forwarding shortly after boot by using cygrunsrv.
> >
> > $ cygrunsrv -Q forward5729
> > Service             : forward5729
> > Current State       : Stopped
> > Command             : /usr/bin/ssh -v -f -2 -N -L 5729:localhost:5729 user@myhost.tld
> [snip]
> > What should I do?
>
> Run the service as your user so it can use your keys :
>
>    -u, --user <user name>    Optional user name to start service as.
>                              Defaults to SYSTEM account.
>    -w, --passwd <password>   Optional password for user. Only needed
>                              if a user is given. If a user has an empty
>                              password, enter `-w '. If a user is given but
>                              no password, cygrunsrv will ask for a password
>                              interactively.
>
> --
> René Berber
root@hostxp ~
$ cygrunsrv -I forward -p /usr/bin/ssh -a "-v -f -2 -N -L 5729:localhost:5729 user@myhost.tld" -u root -w password
$ cygrunsrv -S forward
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: StartService:  Win32 error 1069:
Der Dienst konnte wegen einer fehlerhaften Anmeldung nicht gestartet werden.

which means in english:
The service could not be started because of an incorrect registration.
But I'm sure. Username and password are correct.

Nothing will be written in /var/log/forward.log.

Thanks
Matthias
--
Don't Panic