Re: Ugrent !! Reg. Executing the EXE generated by Cygwin

On Fri, June 13, 2008 2:23 am, Mani kandan wrote:
> This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin
> DLL.
>
>> Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
>> and delete all but the most recent version.  The most recent version
>> *should*
>> reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
>> installed the cygwin distribution.  Rebooting is also suggested if you
>> are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
>>
>> We have made sure that we use the same version of cygwin1.dll while
>> building the exe and while running it on the server. What are the
>> possible reasons for this? Are there any other solutions to this?
>
> The most likely reason and the solution for it were already provided to
> you by Cygwin itself.  See above.  Have you read and performed those
> instructions?

> Yes, we have read and performed those instruction. We have placed the
> cygwin1.dll in current working folder which is inside the c:\cygwin\bin
> folder while generating  the exe. We have checked the size of the dll
> also. Both are same size . Then wt are the possible reasons for this
> problem??

You have misunderstood the problem.  It has nothing to do with
incompatibilities between the dll used to build an exe and to run it.
The problem is having multiple versions of the dll running on the same
machine at the same time.  Please re-read cygwin's advice with this
in mind.