Re: Using msvc in Cygwin

Andrej van der Zee wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for a way to use tools such as bash, vim
and bjam on Windows, but I want to compile my projects
using msvc. Probably a dummy question, but I was
wondering if compiling a project with msvc in Cygwin
using bjam will give me the same executables and dlls
as if I would compile it on the Windows command-line
or in Visual Studio.

Certainly, we make a lot of use of cygwin bash and make for building projects with msvc and compatible compilers, although it's off topic for this list, and frowned upon by MS. bjam gets further off topic and beyond my knowledge.
It's necessary to assure that the msvc build picks up the MS link rather than the cygwin one.
In all cases I know of, where the cygwin build is incompatible, it becomes obvious, Cygwin ar, for example, doesn't support /machine tag, and thus fails where that is required.