Re: Why I hate updates

I've asked a few update related questions over the years and mostly
gotten
no answers.  I now update only occasionally and expect to have to reload
and reconfigure from time to time.

That's just the way it goes.  Setup doesn't even recover from failed
file transfers very well.  Often blows the whole system or causes
setup to be unable to run again, requiring a fresh install.  A setup
error *usually* means starting over from scratch.

Not a very production-friendly system.

Richard