RE: please help

Longyu Mei wrote on Wednesday, May 14, 2008 3:20 PM:
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I have successfully eliminated those two error
> messages.
>
> They were caused by the ACE make include files.
>
> In those include files, there are some checking for
> library, such as
> PLATFORM_AIO_SUPPORT := \
>        $(shell test -e /usr/lib/librt.so && echo
> -DACE_HAS_AIO_CALLS)
>
> I commented out those checking related to librt.so*
> then those error message went away.
>
> I don't know whether Cygwin should include those lib
> or ACE should remove those checking.
>
> Anyway, a progress was made.
>
> thanks,

Have you built ACE for Cygwin? You will probably need to regenerate your
make files; if they are testing for *.so, then they are still the Linux
versions, and it's a bad idea to just disable those checks!

The instructions for building ACE on Cygwin
(http://www.dre.vanderbilt.edu/~schmidt/DOC_ROOT/ACE/ACE-INSTALL.html#cy
gwin) are a little out of date, but they might work for you. Note the
ACE build on Cygwin is experimental.

--
Bryan Thrall
FlightSafety International