RE: Unable to run sshd under a domain sshd_server account [SOLVED]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On May 13 11:09, Schutter, Thomas A. wrote:

Ahh.  From my original email from a console cygwin shell:
  $ echo $USERDOMAIN
  FLOODDATA

But when I login via ssh:
  $ echo $USERDOMAIN
  FDSVBLD01SGRAPE

So when I login via ssh, the USERDOMAIN is set to the local machine
rather than the domain.  So I would suspect that the PDC is not even
being queried.

So to summarize, if sshd is run under the local sshd_server account,
then the USERDOMAIN for a ssh shell is set to the local machine.  But
if sshd is run under a domain account, then the USERDOMAIN for a ssh
shell is set to the domain.  This is then the root cause of most of
my issues.

So why is USERDOMAIN set incorrectly?

--
Tom Schutter