Re: FW: ssmtp with multiple email accounts

Gary,

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 11:55:46AM +0200, Gary wrote:
> I was just kind of hoping someone had already done something, to save
> me the work :-) or that I'd just missed something in the way I am
> using mutt.

I use fetchmail to pull down mail from multiple accounts (via IMAP and
POP) to mbox files, one ssmtp configuration to send all outgoing mail
[1], and mutt to read and write them.

Why do you need multiple ssmtp configurations?  Why can't you just use
ssmtp to relay to your ISP's SMTP server for all of your outgoing mail?
You can do this even if you use mutt to access your email via IMAP
and/or POP directly.

Jason

[1] More precisely, I use ssmtp to deliver to my local exim server which
is configured to relay to my ISP's SMTP server.